Designed specifically for heavier loads, the BFTW 60 hp “High Thrust” model has a larger gear case and lower gear ratio that is specifically designed to give additional thrust for pontoon boats, work boats and heavier fiberglass boats.
The BFTW 60hp also features Boosted Low Speed Torque to deliver exceptional hole shots and Lean Burn Control for outstanding fuel economy at cruising speeds. The BFTW60 comes standard with a high output 22 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as other competitors. The BFTW 60 hp High Thrust model delivers everything you need plus more in an outboard.
Tohatsu 60 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- High output 22 amp alternator that produces nearly twice as many charging amps as some competitors
- A unique gear case designed to give additional power and thrust to push heavier loads such as pontoon boats, work boat or heavier fiberglass boats
- The BFTW60 tiller version offers a full 50 degrees of steering to port and to starboard
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Four Stroke Technology
- Lightweight MikuniR intake helps build low end torque
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to delivers an exceptional hole shot
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port programmed fuel injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Low 2.33:1 gear ratio
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
- Easy access side-mounted oil filter and oil filler ports
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
Multi Function Tiller Handle
Ergonomically designed shift lever offers smooth shifting for convenience and comfort. Throttle friction allows fine-tuning of the tiller for safety. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
|Engine||SOHC 3 Cylinder/12 Valves|
|Output||60 hp (44.1 kw)|
|Displacement||998 cc (61.0 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||73 x 80 mm (2.9 x 3.1 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||0.7 gal. (2.7L) with filter|
|Weight*||262 lbs. (119 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 240W, 22A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||Standard|
|Direct Fuel Injection||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Power Trim and Tilt||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|High Thrust Gear Case||Standard|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power